SERVE LOOSE TEA
Encouraging our guests to order from our exclusive menu of loose teas not only means we will be serving some of the world's greatest cups, it is also a great way to lower our environmental footprint.
WHY IS LOOSE TEA A RESPONSIBLE CHOICE?
Loose tea has many environmental advantages over packaged and bagged teas.
- 1 lb/500g of loose tea can produce 200 teabags.
- To make 200 teabags requires: 200 staples, 200 lengths of string, 200 paper, nylon or other synthetic sheets.
- Wrapping 200 teabags requires: 200 foil or paper over-wrap sheets
- Increased shipping weight.
- Increased fuel consumption.
- Increased resource consumption.
- Increased non-reusable waste.
- 1 lb/500g produces 200 cups of tea with no added environmental cost.
- Certain loose leaf teas if steeped in water between 82°C - 87°C (180°F - 190°F) can offer multiple infusions. i.e. Oolongs produce excellent cups in this manner.
- Perceived quality goes up while cost per serving goes down.
- Loose tea opens up a broader range of high margin menu items.
A WORD ABOUT TEA BAGS
Certainly tea bags have their place, but our commitment to quality and sustainability means offering environmentally responsible options for consumers is paramount. Our pyramid tea bags are made from Soilon which is a biodegradable material made from cornstarch and not nylon.
SUSTAINABLE TEA TASTES BETTER